Sunday 21 November 2010

Less than 3 weeks to go...

Here's what I plan to do for my final assessment.

Painting in acrylic on PPsheet.


PPSheet I think stands for Polypropylene sheet.
The type I'm using is a clear, frosted plastic to symbolise and look like skin.

I'm getting the effect I want using very thick paint and brush strokes and having my collages as the subject matter. Bit worried because the material I used was hard to get hold of so the plastic I've now got is slightly different AND this painting is actually my fave one out of all the collages.
I want to do about 4 or 5 paintings so can't really use this in the set...

Also done a few more collage experimentations.
Thinking of just using skulls to collage with because this is such a huge subject matter in fine art. Been looking a lot into gothic as an image as well. The idea that my piece is no longer 'Tattoo Art' but art inspired by tattoo artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment