Saturday 16 October 2010

Year 1- Experimental Drawing Project

I thought I'd start my blog with an overview of last year's main projects.
This is a photo of the final composition for the experimental drawing assignment.



I began experimenting with a variety of medium for example, cardboard, tile, plaster, light, as well as experimenting with a variety of ways in which to make marks. I felt that drawing on the blocks to make a 3D image looked most effective and was also something that I hadn’t come across.
To give the installation maximum dimension I decided to place the wood upon a mirrored surface.

I have always been interested in developing the way in which I portray portraiture to the viewer. I wanted to achieve a composition that captured the figure in its most natural state, un-staged and totally relaxed. I was looking at artists such as Dryden Goodwin, Ghada Amer, Alistair McClymont and Luc Tuymans.

2 comments:

  1. Completely in awe of this. Bryony i am forever jealous of your intense talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it !
    Did you use stencils? Is it painted over wood?

    ReplyDelete